The hand wheel is tight and will not open
- Make sure that you are turning the hand wheel to the left (counter-clockwise).
- Try turning the hand wheel to the right (clockwise) on occasion the valve is already open.
- Try asking somebody else to turn the hand wheel to the left (counter-clockwise); they are occasionally difficult to turn the first time opened.
- If you are still unable to open the valve, please call 1-833-820-6080 and a member of our customer service team will gladly assist you.
I think my cylinder is leaking
- Ensure that no open flames or sources of ignition are nearby.
- Brush a commercial leak detector solution (or a mixture of 50% liquid soap and 50% water) onto all connections and valves. If rising bubbles appear, you have a leak.
- If you can do so safely, wear gloves and long sleeves, close the service valve, tighten the leaking connection, and test again. If bubbles continue, disconnect the leaking connection, reconnect and test again. If bubbles continue, disconnect your cylinder, shut off the service valve by turning hand wheel to the right.
- Leave cylinder in an open, well-ventilated space outdoors; a cylinder can only be stored legally outdoors and call a qualified service technician or please call 1-833-820-6080 and a member of our customer service team will gladly assist you in exchanging your cylinder.
My cylinder is connected but still won’t work
My cylinder has no/low flow rate or a very low flame
The QCC valve will only release propane when connected to your barbecue. An unconnected QCC cylinder will not discharge propane even if the valve is opened.
The QCC valve must be opened very slowly. If it is opened too quickly, the excess flow valve, a safety device that senses the flow of propane, will shut down and not allow propane to pass.
- Close all appliance burner control valves,
- Close the cylinder valve,
- Wait two minutes
- Very slowly open the cylinder valve (important that the burner control valves remain closed) to full open
- Open the burner control valves and light in accordance with instructions.
The purchased or exchanged cylinder is empty
Please call 1-833-820-6080 and a member of our customer service team will gladly assist you.